Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

Watching and Waiting



Simon cat has enjoyed the snowy view today. He spent an entire hour sitting motionless on the window sill watching my feathered friends gorging themselves on bird seed. I have been feeding the birds of Shady Grove subdivision since I bought my house 6 years ago. Simon has been terrorizing those same birds since he adopted me on March 19, 2005.
Seeing Simon and the birds has taught me a few lessons:

1 - Be prepared. Have the knowledge, skills, and tools in place. Study your goal.
2 - Patience is the key to success.

3 - But don't wait to long or your oppurtunity will fly away.

4 - When the time is right, strike hard and fast. Hesitation means failure.

5 - Take only what you can handle. Going for two birds at once means no bird at all.

6 - Celebrate your success. Simon does this by decapitating the bird. I prefer a good chocolate

7 - Share the bounty. Simon leaves the poor headless creature on the front mat for me. I like to treat my friends and family with my time and profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment