Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

DIY Apothecary Jars for Cheap

I have been wanting some apothecary jars, but even on sale they are a bit more than what I want to spend. So tonight I made a couple from glass jars and candle sticks. It is a really easy project!
First, find some glass jars that you like.
I found this one on sale for 50% off regular price at Hobby Lobby. It was only $5!

I then found this little open top jar at the Dollar Tree for, wait for it, $1  :)
 
 

I found matching candlesticks on sale, 50% off regular price, at Hobby Lobby for $3.50 each.
 
I used E6000 glue that I already had at home to glue the jars to the candlesticks. Just spread a thin bead of glue to the top of the candlestick and then set the jar on top, making sure the jar is centered. Then leave it alone to set overnight and VOILA:
 


I spent a total of $13 to make two apothecary jars!

Tomorrow I will post some ideas on how to decorate with them!











No comments:

Post a Comment