Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Saint Patrick's Day Decor #2

I think there should be a banner for every holiday in our home. I don't have a mantle, but I do have a shelf above the doorway between the living room and kitchen. It makes a perfect place to hang holiday banners.

 

I kept this banner really simple. I cut white card stock on my Silhouette Cameo. I then used the same shape but reduced the size to cut this pretty green polka dot from patterned paper. I cut the letters on black card stock using the Harrington font in Silhouette Studio. Then I glued it all together. I used a glue stick for the two banner shapes. I found a glue pen is easiest for the letters. I used a single hole punch to punch holes on each side of the banner piece and then strung a ribbon to hang the banner. Easy, simple way to bring festive to your home!


2 comments:

  1. Those are CUTE!!! We have a mantel, but the fireplace (when we get to use it & yes, sometimes it's often) gets too hot to put any decorations up. I melted some garland one year. I hadn't thought about doing something at the top of the doorway though....good idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Door ways and walls can look great with banners and garlands. I am glad I could spark some ideas for you. That is one of the things I love about blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete