Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Workable Tool Organization


I love to be organized. I live by the motto "a place for everything and everything in it's place". When Jason asks, "where is the widget?" I want to be able to confidently say, "The widget is in the bathroom cabinet, third shelf, in the right corner of the blue basket", and the widget be exactly there. So I have been agonizing over my store room. This small room contains all my tools, tubs of pet food and bird seed, paint supplies,huge upright deep freezer, and the water heater closet. Thankfully I have a separate garage in the back yard to hold my power lawn equipment, wheel barrow, bicycles, etc...
Jason and I went to Lowe's and bought some peg board and 1x2 boards. I cut the 1x2s to proper length to make a frame on which I mounted the peg boards that I cut to size. We also purchased the pegged fixtures. I estimate that we spend less than $50 on all the supplies for this project. I am very happy with the results:

I put two shelves above the tool box to hold my circular saw (top shelf) and battery powered combo set. Notice how I used a scrap piece of wood to build a ledge on right side of the bottom shelf? This is to keep the battery charger from getting pulled off the edge.


Directly below the shelves is the "house use" peg board. This holds basic tools, various fasteners, tape measure, and duct tape.


The full length peg board has the least used items up top. A small step stool allows quick access to these items as needed. The black case holds my favorite screw driver and bit set.


The lower half has items I may need to grab more often.


A place for everything and everything in its place makes for less stress and a happier home. :)

1 comment: